Sunday, June 5, 2016

One Day At A Time...

Recently I have been under a lot of stress. Lots of things going on in my life, lots of decisions that need to be made, and things I need to prepare for and I find myself getting overwhelmed and worried.

I'm overwhelmed with the stress and worried about the future. But amongst all my worries and stress life goes on. I have to constantly remind myself to take it one day at a time. Not to always look ahead to the future and think about all the details and plan everything weeks or months in advance.

Obviously some things require planning ahead but I am trying to teach myself to just slow down and not worry about things that haven't even happened yet, but rather live each day as it comes. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, one second at a time.

Most times when I am overwhelmed or stressed about something it is because I am thinking ahead to the future. I worry about events coming up, and decisions I will eventually have to make when really I shouldn't even be worried about those things. I have to tell myself to not live in the future but live in the present.

Yes life is overwhelming sometimes and decisions can be stressful but in the end life goes on. Why worry about the future when you could be enjoying the present? If all you are doing is worry about the things that are coming up and the what ifs then we are missing out on the wonderful things that God has for us right here and now.

So not only is this a reminder to myself but a good reminder for anyone that is stressed or worried about the future. Live life in the present. One day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time. Life is now so live it!


 
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)


"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."
- Psalm 62:8 (NIV)


xo Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment